Craftwork Upholstery has been manufacturing care home furniture since 1991 as well as supplying general, residential and mental health furniture to the NHS in the UK. Craftworks offer tables, sofas and cabinet furniture from a single chair to a complete turnkey package. Craftwork Upholstery offer an extensive wood selection with a range of 6 standard shades.
Care Home Furniture
Our product range covers the needs of all aspects of a care home and includes everything from stylish sofa collections, modern and traditional occasional furniture ranges, through to bedroom and dining furniture.
The increasing need for furniture to withstand the stresses and strains of everyday life is imperative within the care sector. With rigorous research and development we are constantly meeting this demand with our ranges of exciting furniture.
The offering includes a comprehensive range of Dining Room chairs, Easy Chairs, Overbed Tables and Lockers.
Designed specially for mental health and secure units, our range of furniture has been thoughtfully designed, carefully constructed and rigorously tested to meet the needs of challenging environments.
Our range has been created after research with healthcare providers and with their patients in mind. We have worked to create safe, robust and attractive furniture which can form part of a therapeutic environment for those in a challenging environment.
Mental Health and Dementia
Renray are proud to have developed a range of furniture designed to assist those with cognitive and/or visual impairments created by dementia. After detailed discussions with dementia care clinicians, academics and those who care for dementia sufferers, the range has been produced with important built in features and benefits. These include :-
- curved not sharp edges and corners for safety, so our products are vinyl wrapped
- easy wipe clean surfaces for infection control
- where relevant for safety, electrical and motor cut outs
- wood grain that is plain and simple, not heavily patterned, so it doesn’t cause confusion or concern (which can happen to some, but not all dementia sufferers)
- contrasting coloured, so clearly visible, large easy to use handles which are functionally obvious
- viewing panels so items within them can be seen, to help with cognitive and visual impairments
- strength and durability for all items
- stable and comfortable seating enabling residents to use for prolonged periods
- incontinence proof fabrics
- subtle not dramatic patterns on fabrics (as strong patterns can cause concern to some, but not all, dementia sufferers)
- choices of colours for fabrics, linked to above and also to the chosen colour schemes of the customers and to help residents with a familiar and homely environment
- items that can hold memory or “cue” information to stimulate the residents