Actimove® Gauntlet is a functional thumb and wrist support for the treatment of light to moderate injuries or chronic instability problems at the thumb.
• Tendonitis of thumb (e.g. de Quervain’s syndrome)
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• MCP and CMC dislocations of the thumb
• Sprain of the thumb (skier’s thumb or goalkeepers thumb)
• Treatment of suspected scaphoid fractures
Product Benefits and Design Features
- Soft neoprene thumb cover offers good patient fit & allows for good blood circulation
- Pre-shaped and removable metal stays for both wrist and thumb provides excellent support and position for wrist and thumb
- Can be adjusted to suit patient’s clinical needs or for improved fit
- Washable brace when metal stays are removed
- Anatomically shaped contour distal brace edge fits under the palmar crease giving free flexion of MCP joints
- Contoured at the ulnar aspect of the hand so there is no squeezing of the MCP’s
- High coverage of dorsal aspect of the hand restricts wrist extension and prevents swelling at the dorsum of the hand.