The Shiley™ RAE and Reinforced endotracheal tubes with TaperGuard™ cuff combine the benefits of a specialty tube with the TaperGuard cuff design.
- The preformed curve provides a patent airway and reduces the risk of kinks and disconnects.
- The reinforced shaft provides a patent airway and reduces the risks of kinks when a patient’s head is in an extended or flexed position.
- The Shiley™ TaperGuard tracheal tube has been shown to reduce microaspiration by an average of 90 percent in comparison to the Shiley™ Hi-Lo cuff.1
- The same TaperGuard technology is now available on the Shiley™ RAE and Reinforced tracheal tubes with TaperGuard™ cuff.
- Ideal for procedures in which aspiration of blood or other fluids is a special concern.