Features and Benefits:
- Provides excellent protection against microaspiration and VAP
- Incorporates a taper-shaped cuff that reduces microaspiration by an average of 90% compared to the Mallinckrodt™ Hi-Lo tracheal tube.4
- Combines the taper-shaped cuff with the proven Mallinckrodt™ Evac technology, providing subglottic secretion drainage (or CASS). The Mallinckrodt™ Evac endotracheal tube technology has been shown to help reduce ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).
- By reducing the number of microaspiration events past the cuff, the TaperGuard™ evac oral tracheal tube may further reduce the risk of pulmonary complications associated with microaspiration, compared to the Mallinckrodt™ Hi-Lo tracheal tube
- Potentially improves patient outcomes.1-3
1 FDA 510(k) clearance.
2 Dullenkopf et al. Fluid leakage past tracheal tube cuffs: Evaluation of the new Microcuff endotracheal tube. Intensive Care Med. 2003; 29:1849-1853.
3 Mecca et al. Benchtop comparison: Fluid sealing performance of barrel-shaped versus taper-shaped polyvinyl chloride (PVC) high-volume, low-pressure endotracheal tubs cuffs. October 2008.
4 Internal animal testing July 2009.