BD Phoenix™ M50
- Dual growth detection technology
- True doubling dilutions
- Delayed growth algorithm
- Resistance detection
- Modular and scalable
- Ease of use
- The BD Phoenix™ M50 instrument determines growth using both an oxidation-reduction indicator and turbidity growth detection to help provide both rapid and accurate susceptibility results
- The BD Phoenix system utilizes on-panel doubling dilutions of antimicrobial concentrations for determination of MIC results.
- The BD Phoenix M50 instrument employs a delayed growth algorithm that may defer reporting for slow-growing organisms until additional instrument readings are collected. This feature enables an accurate determination of growth or no-growth, providing additional assurance that results are accurate
- The BD Phoenix system provides on-panel doubling dilutions of antimicrobials and built-in detection of resistance, including CPO, MRSA, mecA, VRSA, VRE, ESBL, HLAR, and iMLSb*.
- The BD Phoenix M50 instrument offers a compact and stackable design (up to two instruments) that allows for increased testing volumes by doubling capacity within the same footprint
- The system requires minimal maintenance, no reagent additions post inoculation and few supplemental tests for final result determination, and utilizes leak-resistant, room-temperature panel storage.