HydroSpeed Microplate Washer
The HydroSpeed is Tecan’s advanced microplate washer, designed to provide optimized washing of cells, beads and ELISAs in both 96- and 384-well formats. It offers full control over critical wash parameters to help maximize efficiency.
Extra gentle cell washing with tuneable wash power
Loosely adherent cell lines, such as P815 and HEK 293, are commonly used for a wide range of research applications, but are challenging to wash for typical plate washers.
Discover the difference with Tecan’s HydroSpeed expert cell washer:
- Drop-wise dispense speed to avoid cell detachment.
- Optimization of dispense position to minimize turbulence in the wells.
- Tunable aspiration parameters, including needle position and vacuum level, to avoid cell loss.
- Reduced costs by eliminating the need for a dedicated cell washing head.
Reliable operation through active prevention of needle clogging
Automated ELISA processing using a microplate washer is now a routine task for many laboratories, yet crystallization of wash buffer within the aspiration/dispense needles remains a common problem. The HydroSpeed’s innovative Anti-Clogging function actively prevents needle clogging by automatically rinsing and soaking the wash head when the washer is idle for a user-defined period.
Highlights of Anti-Clogging function include:
- Automated start of rinse & soak steps of the wash head to avoid buffer crystallization.
- Fail safe procedure in case user has forgotten to start daily maintenance program.
- No downtime for cleaning of spills typically caused by needle blockage.
- Easy X-change wash heads allows additional intense cleaning in an external ultrasonic bath.
Patent pending design using dual magnets per well:
Efficient bead settling and high bead recovery rates
Multiplexed assays using magnetic beads are becoming increasingly popular for a variety of applications, but achieving good wash results without loosing beads remains a challenge. The HydroSpeed washer protects magnetic beads by settling them away from the needles during aspiration, achieving low residual volumes while maintaining high bead recovery rates.
- Powerful rare-earth magnets to provide fast and efficient bead settling.
- Two magnets per well to keep the beads out of the way during washing.
- Adjustable vacuum level and aspiration position for optimized bead recovery.
Ease of Use:
Integrated monitoring of liquid level in waste bottle
- Integrated pressure-based liquid level detection (p-LLD) system informs operator when waste bottle is full.
- Patent pending p-LLD function avoids the risk of blockage common to swimmer-based LLD systems mounted in the waste bottle, increasing safety and eliminating additional cleaning steps.
Patent-pending auto-adjust function for easy teaching of new plates
- Provides automated adjustment of the bottom aspiration position located inside the wells for optimized wash results.
- Takes the hassle out of teaching plates with non-transparent wells typically used for reading of fluorescence or luminescence assays.
- Handles different well geometries in 96- & 384-plate formats including flat-bottom, round-bottom and v-shaped wells.