The dilatation balloon catheter “Oceanus 14” is a coaxial catheter (OTW, over-the-wire), designed for percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of peripheral arteries.
The catheter has a coaxial double-lumen body from the proximal connector to the balloon. The guidewire runs into the inner lumen while the outer lumen allows contrast liquid passage to inflate the balloon. The maximum diameter of the guide wire must not exceed 0.36mm = 0.014”.
On the distal part of the catheter, just before the tip, there is the balloon (inflatable segment) that will dilate the artery upon inflating by means of infusion of contrast fluid inside it. The connector is Y-shaped and it has two entry ports:
– The side port allows contrast medium passage to dilate the balloon
– The straight port allows the guide wire insertion
To inflate the balloon, the connector inflation port must be connected to an inflation device. The balloon is inflated to predictable diameters with the pressure shown by the manometer.
Two flexible radiopaque markers are located at each end of the balloon in order to mark its length and help the user to see the catheter while inside the patient.
At the distal end is the tip, rounded for atraumatic behaviour to avoid damaging the arteries while the catheter is being advanced.
The distal part, including the balloon, is coated with a durable and slippery hydrophilic coating (HYDRAX) that minimizes friction and improves catheter trackability.
[Available in England, Scotland and Wales]
– iVascular hydrophilic durable coating (HYDRAX) specifically designed for PTA balloon guarantees sustainable performance and control throughout the procedure.
– Capable to reach the most challenging lesions due to the three-segment shaft design that increases flexibilities towards distal part.
– Excellent pushability and trackability. Balanced transition of forces. Anti-kinking performance.
– Extraordinary capacity to cross lesions. Streamlined tip and a low profile balloon designed to enter and cross difficult lesions.
– Outstanding deflation time thanks to the exceptionally designed three-segment shaft.
– Tungsten-based polymeric radiopaque markers for higher tip flexibility.
– Wide balloon size range (200mm balloons).