Sorvall™ ST 40 Centrifuge Series
Process 40% more 50mL conical tubes or 100% more blood tubes with biocontainment sealing than competitive models.
The Thermo Scientific Sorvall ST 40 Centrifuge Series offers exceptional capacity, ergonomic features and value for routine sample processing on the benchtop. The innovative design enables safe, simple and comfortable operation with marketing-leading capabilities.
- A wide range of rotors is available for your daily routine processing requirements. Maximize performance with lighter-weight Thermo Scientific Fiberlite carbon fiber rotors that offer versatility, speed and robust, corrosion-free design. All rotors and adapters are sold separately.
- Cell Culture
- Blood Processing
- Easy to Use
- Thermo Scientific™ Auto-Lock™ III Rotor System
- Thermo Scientific™ ClickSeal™ Bucket Sealing System
- Thermo Scientific™ SMARTSpin™ Technology
- Space-Saving Design
- Outstanding Energy Efficiency
- Ventilated Model ST 40
- Refrigerated Model ST 40R
- Intuitive controls simplify operation and provide detailed information on a wide range of operating parameters and processing status for optimal performance. Motorized lid latch enables one finger downward motion for easiest closing and locking of centrifuge lid, even on tall benches.
- Secure locking system allows easy push-button installation and exchange of rotors. System saves time when switching between applications.
- Easy access to rotor chamber offers quick cleaning, a healthier working environment, and longer unit life.
- Biocontainment solution seals with a snap; eliminates screw caps and complicated clips. System has glove-friendly, one-handed open/close capability. System is certified by CAMR™ in Porton Down, UK.
- Advanced rotor management system maximizes acceleration, braking and residual load imbalance for each rotor and bucket option. Technology optimizes safety and improves separations.
- Compact dimensions optimize work area and ergonomic height and curved design ensure easy sample loading and unloading and easy cleaning.
- System offers up to 40% energy consumption savings on industry standard protocols, such as standard blood separation or conical tubes processing.
- Dimensions: 26.4L × 22.2W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 56.5 × 36cm [90cm open]), Net weight: 189.6 lb. (86kg)
- CFC-free refrigeration system. Temperature Range: -10° to +40°C. Pre-Cooling Function with direct button. 26.4L × 29.3W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 74.5 × 36cm [90cm open]). Net weight: 255.7 lb. (116kg)